PSA: Today it’ll be just me, Diana, talking with you guys because the sister is doing I-don’t-know-what in her room and she’s not feeling like blogging. What’s new?!
I’m the worst at doing tags/award posts! I procrastinate way too much y’all. I’m sorry it took me so long!
I want to give the biggest thank you to the following lovely ladies who nominated us for The Sunshine Blogger Award, y’all made us very happy!
Sarah over at Traveling Across Pages, Sydney over at Sydney Dudley, Jessica over at Reading with Jessica and last but not least, Kayla over at kdrewkthebookworm.
If you haven’t followed their blogs then why the heck are you still here?! Go show them some love!
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
1. Thank the person(s) who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog
2. Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you
3. Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions
4. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post.
THE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Sarah’s questions (Traveling Across Pages)
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
Lots of reasons! Here are my main ones:
My Dory memory. One day I realized that I couldn’t remember what certain books was about even though it hadn’t been long since I read it so I was like “I better write a little review so I can keep track!”. And there’s that.
My other reason was that I read so many amazing books that I wanted to share with the world and scream at the top of my lungs that I loved them and blogging lets me do just that. Yay!
2. What’s your favorite bookish memory?
That one time Colleen Hoover liked my drawing of her book “It Ends With Us” and sent me an advanced copy of it. Great times.
3. Who’s your favorite blogger?
Ashley and Sabrina from 5171 Miles Book Blog. They write the best reviews!!
4. What author would you like to meet someday?
Colleen Hoover. Obviously!
5. What’s your biggest blogging goal?
That I never, ever, ever—no matter how big my blog grows—stop interacting with my fellow bloggers and readers. That I never stop supporting them no matter how tiny or humongous their blog are. And that they stay by my side whether I make it big or not.
Also, here’s a very selfish goal. To be amazing enough to receive advance copies of Colleen Hoover’s books and Christina Lauren’s books without having to beg and pray to my lucky stars. Ha ha ha.
Sydney’s questions (Sydney Dudley)
1. How long have you been blogging?
8 pretty amazing months! I love life!
2. Who is your favorite villain?
Yzma from The Emperor’s New Groove. She’s hilarious. I should dress like her for Halloween.
3. What is the first book you remember reading?
I think I had to read Momo by Michael Ende sometime during elementary school but I don’t think I even finished it. I HATED reading. The first book I remember reading the entire thing is The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han. That book got me into reading.
4. How do you manage blogging and other aspects of your life?
There’s not much going on in my life right now. My life is pretty much blogging. I’m just a one woman, her books and her blog show!
5. Where do you see your blog in five years?
It is too late for me to answer this question. My brain’s not working correctly but here it goes.
I would love for it to be beyond amazing. I hope we have a lot more fellow readers interacting with us and I hope they all love our content. I want to make people love books even more!
6. What is your favorite part of blogging?
Getting to meet all of these wonderful fellow bloggers. Getting to meet people who love the same things I love. Getting to read books I would have never picked up if it weren’t for blogging.
7. List your top three favorite movies.
He’s Just Not That Into You
8. What are your interests outside of blogging?
Art (music/drawing/painting/photography), sleeping, watch Shane’s videos, watch The Gabbie Show.
9. Do you have any pets? What kind(s)?
Yes! A Golden Retriever called Penny Lane. Am I cool yet?
10. Paperback or Hardcover?
Hardcover. If only they weren’t so expensive! I hate my cheap butt!
11. What is your favorite book you’ve read this year?
Ugh! Way too many! But here are some I love so far: Without Merit by Colleen Hoover and Fraternize by Rachel Van Dyke.
Jessica’s questions (Reading with Jessica)
1. What’s your most recent favorite song?
So many great albums have been released recently that I feel like I can’t choose just ONE song!
But here’s one I can’t stop listening to.
Homemade Dynamite (REMIX) by Lorde is a BOP.
If you’d like to get a sneak peek of the music I love (more like peek inside my soul) then check out the playlist below!
2. What are some of your hobbies besides reading?
Art (drawing/painting/music/photography), sleeping, trying to hug my sister and getting rejected, hoarding little notes/concert tickets/museum tickets/pictures/candy wrappers/whatnot that remind me of certain moments in my life. You could say I’m not your typical 20-year-old.
3. How many bookmarks do you own?
Since I use whatever’s near me at the moment, I have A TON. I use napkins, toilet paper, candy wrappers, my dog, your dog. But I guess you mean bookmarks that are actually designed to mark so I have like 15.
4. Most anticipated Fall TV show?
How To Get Away With Murder and The Good Doctor. YAS. Can’t wait!
5. If you could star in a book what would you want it to be about?
Actually, I would love for it to be a chick-lit book about how I make my dreams come true and find my knight in shinning armor at the same time!
6. What is your favorite snack?
Chips. Spicy chips, salty chips. Chips, chips, chips.
7. What is the most recent book you’ve purchased/received?
Roomies by Christina Lauren. I had to beg for that one. It worked. I’m a charm.
8. Do you like warmer and cooler weather?!
Cooler, definitely! I hate melting. I’ll leave that to Olaf.
9. How often do you visit the library?
We don’t have a library in my city? I guess we have but since I live in Mexico pretty much every book’s in spanish and I like to read in english and they don’t have the books I like to read. The answer is, I never go.
10. Who is the newest author you’ve discovered and loved?
Kennedy Ryan! That woman writes the best freaking romances, I swear.
11. What is your favorite dessert?!
Chocolate. Anything containing chocolate.
Kayla’s questions (kdrewkthebookworm)
1. Where was the last place you travelled, and when was it?
Mexico City & Taxco, Guerrero. We were in Mexico City for a month (April To May) and in Taxco for a day.
2. How many physical books do you own?
Not a lot, unfortunately! I have about 58 physical books.
3. Under what circumstances would you DNF a book?
If I feel like I can live my life without knowing what happens next. If there’s not a single thing worth staying for. If I hated every word.
4. What was the last movie you saw in theatres? Did you enjoy it?
It’s been so long! I think it was Baywatch. And I loved it! Laughed my butt off.
5. Share your favourite meme or GIF!
Here are three of my favorite memes. I can’t choose just one!
6. Tell me a teaser sentence from the book you’re currently reading!
Love this question that’s not actually a question!
“You’re as fundamental as the breath in my lungs, as much a part of me as the blood flowing through my body.” —Kennedy Ryan, STILL (GRIP #2)
7. What device do you use to write your blog posts (computer, phone, etc.)?
Computer. Sometimes notes on my phone. Sometimes my handy-dandy bullet journal and then I write it again in my computer, apparently I like to make my life complicated.
8. Tell me a little known fact about you that no other bloggers know.
You want me to spill some tea about myself! Oh my goodness.
Just yesterday I met the book of my life (like love of my life) at my sister’s high school library (used to be mine too but I already graduated) and I was seriously considering stealing it. It was just so beautiful and old and used that I felt like I couldn’t leave it there. No one had picked it up in like a year. But I left it there and left my heart with it.
Am I the most dramatic person you’ve ever met or what?
9. If you could travel anywhere in the world right this instant, where would you go, and why?
I would go to Bali because I imagine it is absolutely gorgeous and I want to have a great time. It’s never gone to a place so far away and so unknown to me. I want to explore!
10. What song is stuck in your head right now? (if any)
Girl Crush by Little Big Town. Effing Harry Styles had to make a cover and make me obsessed all over again. Darn it!
11. Give a shoutout to 5 awesome bloggers, and spread the love like confetti!
I will go scroll though my reader and come back with 5 lovely bloggers.
Lisa from remarkablylisa is such a lovely person and I love interacting with her on twitter!
Fernanda from The Wanderlust Reader is the funniest gal I know. She makes me funny!
Sabrina and Ashley from 5171 Miles Book Blog were there for us from the very beginning and I will forever love them with all of my heart. Their support means everything!
Jess from Reading with Jessica is the sweetest! We moved from me calling her Jessica to calling her Jess. We’re best friends now lol.
Aneeqa from ReadMatic Book Blog loves romance books as much as I do! She gets me!
Cassie Winters | ReadMatic Book Blog | Lair of Books | Lots of Livres | The Book Rookie | Early Bookish Birds | Stuffed Shelves | Life of A Simple Reader | Readable Life | Wanderer in Neverland | It’s Just Ellen
If you guys have already done this tag or if you don’t feel like doing it, don’t do it. There’s no pressure. I completely understand and I’m happy you know I love your blog.
1. What is your most embarrassing moment to date?
2. What’s the last song you listened to?
3. What’s your favorite meme?
4. Are you a ketchup on top person or a ketchup on the side person?
5. If you could be any animal, which animal would you be?
6. What’s a book you were requested to read and wouldn’t have chosen for yourself but ended up loving?
7. Do you like country music? Tell us why/why not.
8. What’s the longest you’ve gone without taking a bath/shower?
9. Do you have a secret talent? If so, tell us what it is.
10. Would you rather never be able to say “thanks/thank you” or “please”?
11. A very important and vital question to me. What are your thoughts on One Direction? Do you hate them or love them? Spill that tea.
That is the end!
I hope you enjoyed this post, laughed a little, cringed a little and I hope you feel like you need to be my friend now because I’m just so cool.
Feel free to do this tag even if I didn’t tag you. I look forward to reading all of your posts!